Created and Tied by: Steve Cook
Hook: #2 Eagle Claw 253 or similar hook
Support for Zonker: 10 red bucktail hairs
Flash: Red Krystal Flash or such
Tail: Red Zonker Strip about 1 3/4 inches long
Body: Red Bill's Body Braid
Hackle: Fine red saddle hackle
Thorax: Black, size small chenille
1. Wrap hook with foundation thread from eye to the area above the point of the hook, and back to the eye.
2. Tie in about 10 pieces of red bucktail to extend past the bend of the hook for about 3/4 of an inch.
3. Add about 4 or 6 strands of Crystal Flash.
4. Then, tie in the zonker strip just above the point of the hook.
5. Bring your thread forward to the eye of the hook, and tie in the Bill's Body Braid and move your thread back to the area above the point of the hook.
6. Tie in the red saddle hackle. Now, wrap the body braid forward. Palmer the hackle forward to a spot about 1/16th of an inch from the eye.
7. Finally, tie in the chenille, about 2 turns should be enough. Tie off the thread, apply head cement.
Now... mix well with water... and hold on!!